Monday, June 29, 2009

Hanauma Bay

We and the group from Malachi went by bus to Hanauma Bay to snorkel . This is a marine sanctuary nature preserve, and has over 420 types of reef fish. We had to watch a educational video before we could go down to the beach to snorkel.

Saw lots of fish and I even had a moray eel swim by me TWICE! scared me half to death , I was so busy making sure I was out of his way, he wasn't even interested. Everyone else was bummed they didn't see one swimming - we also had a sea turtle less than a foot away , just eating - he didn't even care that we were there! so very neat.

We are spoiled though, cause there is no comparison to the snorkeling in the Tuamotus - Fakarava!!

the kids at the entrance to Hanauma Bay - very pretty, and it is in a volcano crater

just look at those big - " shaved ice" we know them as snow cones!! the kids were in heaven!

No comments:

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove