Saturday, September 29, 2007

In Port Angelos

hey everyone we are in Port Angelos. we saw a pod of orcas on our way here from the san juan islands. even lost our dingy but luckly one of the whale watching boats got it and gave it back to us. we have had ham radio trouble , so i went to victoria via ferry and got us another one exacly the same. We should be up on the air for tomorrow nights check in. When i came back on the ferry the US Customs made us all clear customs before we got on the ferry and then when we got of again in Port Angelos. weir or paranoid !! We are hoping to leave on Tuesday for Neah Bay
( waiting with the fishermen for a break in the weather) and then we will wait for weather in Neah Bay ' we got to get going as i am freezing here!!! Don't have my diesel stove with me and i wish I did!! We have met so many great people already!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Sandra
I bet you wish you had your diesel stove.
Glad you are getting your radio working again. I am having 35 for brunch today. The final of a three day celebration of our 50 year high school reunion. What fun we have had.
Wishing you happy weather.
Sandra

AnneMac said...

Hi Dionne and family!!!
I have checked your blog a couple of times already and today, decided to jot a word or two to wish you all the best in your big voyage! I look forward to your updates

It's nice and sunny here in Calgary...but not quite as warm as it was in Arizona a week ago. brrrr

be well...

Anonymous said...

Hello to the crew of Orca III - sounds like you're doing well and having fun; glad to hear the ham radio did its break down now and not out in the open seas :)
Cheers with hugs all around from your 'land lubber assistant,'
Heather

Annette said...

Thanks for keeping us posted as to what's going on for you. I think of you often, wondering when you will hit the ocean. I check this blog daily.

Traveling with you in spirit

Annette

Anonymous said...

Bill from Whitewings and Sunset Wire rope. We meet a lot of cruisers southbound being so close to the marina. I wish you a safe trip and fair winds. Like I told you in the store, you will remember this trip for the rest of your life. If you decide to stay in Port Angeles for weather and need a vehicle, just stop by and I will loan you my beater truck. Fair Winds.

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove