Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update from Orca3...

Steve is getting that engine job done . It's going well. The kids stayed back yesterday with our buddy Robert and he took them to the mangroves. they had a great time. Kyle caught some weird fish, and the girls found some more shells. Boy have we got shells, cool ones. We still have Free Style rafted to us to finish the engine job. The kids, Rose, Jenna and I will be going to the mangroves today with the kyack and dingies. Maybe Kyle will catch some halibut. they are smaller than ours at home,
but I understand they taste great!!

Thought I'd give a little look into our daily life : every morning we start the engine to make water ( between 7-10 gallons) that's we can make until Steve adds a cooler for the hydrolics. they are over heating so we can only run the water maker for 25 min. in the morning, then again in the evening for around the same amount of time. sometimes just 15 mins. Steve checks the temperature and then shuts off the watermaker. We will be looking for some fittings and hydrolic hose in La Paz, there were
none in San Carlos. After the big market shop, I have to wash all my fresh fruits and veggies in a bleach bath solution for about 10-15 minutes. and then lay everything out on the deck to completely dry before we can eat any of it. This is to help us not get sick from any bad water they may have grown in. I do a lot of baking , just to keep us fed. way to expensive to buy all that junk cookies ect. lots of muffins and banana bread. Will be baking my own bread too soon, as they don't have nay good
high fiber stuff here. Everyone loves my baking !! They are starting to hang around until it comes out of the oven, nice and hot. I love it.!! Good thing I like to cook, cause I sure do a lot of that. Maya has also been baking and she is very good at it. Emma helps a lot, she really likes to serve the food. quite cute.
I also wipe the boat down every morning that there was dew in it. Free water and it's good to get the salt off. We are getting lots of boat projects down. I have found a new scrabble junkie!! Rose plays just like me - for the points so it makes for a great game. I will be teaching her how to play parquacky- cause she loves timed word games. She has never heard of this game, can you believe it DAna,DAnny Lou, Mom and Auntie SAndy? anyway I am excited about that!!
Well time is up on the computer , we are leaving for the mangroves, will take lots of pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi orca three and crew;

we heard you were heading out from your brother this summer.
we were so glad to see you not in false creek this winter.

we are watching with great envy from our cold stormy places. we are hoping to go south this year.

we are still having some great adventures here. recently around reed island taking leaf to school.
keep up the great website and we will keep watching.

best wishes from wishing star and crew.

Anonymous said...

Hey gang, it's great to follow you guys around via the web... I've just come on board (so to speak, ha ha) and I'm such a newbie I don't even know where San Carlos is.... do you have a map showing your route and where you are at the moment - perhaps you could put it online for us! I'm glad you are all having such a wonderful experience. I look forward to reading more from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me Ash!! I just found your website and i think that it's really cool what you guys have been doing hope to see you all soon! :) smiles!

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve; Im Mel Fonstad
and will miss you at the Ice Racing team this winter.Enjoyed looking at your trip pictures and all the best for a safe trip home. Also hello from Mike Kinar & family.Mel

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove