Thursday, April 10, 2008

here is something fun for you to try

here is your trivia all you trivia buffs. we are playing games with our fellow cruisers on the Dorothy Marie. we got them all - good luck to you and have fun, post your answers cause there is a prize for the most correct, my mom emails me the comments. to be judged by Kyle ,Maya and Emma
my friend Sally of Dorothy Marie sent this to us to play, we are not in VHF range anymore.... we had fun and thought you'd like to try

I was looking through our game cupboard and found a list of brain challenges. Thought you guys might like to give them a try. They are number related. For example... Problem 7 = D. in a W. Answer 7 = Days in a Week

26 = L. in the A. 12 = M. in a Y.

A bit harder... 7 = W. of the W.

1001 = A.N.

12 = S. of the Z.

9 = P. in the S.S.

54 = C. in a D. (with the J.'s)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I'm not answering that one.
But the answer to the question on the ham, which mom will post later is:

Hi Dionne!!
I Win...and I'm putting on the blog too!!

Answer: Near the equator, from about 5° north and 5° south, the northeast trade winds and southeast trade winds converge in a low pressure zone known as the Intertropical Convergence Zone or ITCZ. Solar heating in the region forces air to rise through convection which results in a plethora of precipitation.
Love you,
danny Lou xox


P.S. I win! winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, smartie...now, what does plethora mean. I have never in all your life heard you use that word before. (Sounds like a cut and paste google to me!!)

M I L G MA

Mike Gritten said...

Hi Steve and family! This is Mike from Papillon, Vancouver. I'm happy to have found your blog, finally. BTW, great job, Dionne. Keep up the commentary - we feel as if we're right there with you. Can't wait each day to get on and read your latest post. H

cheers,

Mike Gritten

BTW, some of the answers to your quiz....

26 = Letters in the Alphabet
12 = Months in a Year
7 = Wonders of the World
1001 = Arabian Nights
12 = Signs of the Zodiac
9 = Planets in the Solar System

the last one I can't figure out!

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove