Sunday, April 20, 2008

orca update for Sunday April 20

We will be making landfall tomorrow early morning, all the crew of orca III is looking very forward to anchoring!! It has been quite along time out at sea..... 26 days so far and many miles.... the kids are wondering if we will be walking around leaning cause thats what we have been doing the last 26 days. it will be nice to have a full nights sleep and to not be rocking and rolling and having things flying everywhere!! We will be at the island Futa Hiva and will spend 2 days there and move on to
check in at either Hiva Oa or Nuka Hiva, we haven't decided where yet. My preference would be where there is a place to do or have my laundry done. We have a lot to do!!!

Thankfully the last couple of days have been slower winds and lighter seas......makes for a way easier ride. also look forward to washing off the boat , we are so covered in salt spray as is the inside.

heres our lat and long. 09* 02'S 137* 43'W

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday, however, I may have hit the preview, liked it and then went on my merry way and did not publish it! Better that than seven messages sent like someone we know who was a little keyboard happy, eh?

Basically, I said I hope you are all salt free and not feeling so "pickled" by now. I would imagine that you have power washed Orca III and she looks just like new after your very long voyage. I am sure glad you are landed for a bit, it looks to me as though that may be your longest haul, am I right?

Any restaurants there??? I know you were all counting on "eating out", but then again, you can always have a weiner roast complete with marshmallows (if you can get those there). In any case, enjoy yourselves, you deserve it!

Love Always,
Mom (in-law) & GMa

Anonymous said...

Hello there, you truly salty Tremblays,
Now that your guys are really salted up and soggy, I couldn't resist contacting you from our salty named place.
Lets see after that crossing we think you should be able to add an extra initial S to your names, like Kyle S. Tremblay, Maya S. Tremblay, Emma S. Tremblay, Dionne S. Tremblay, and Steve S. Tremblay, or mayme it could go after your last names sort of like Phd. it would go like Kyle Tremblay S. and so forth and so you could be the Tremblays S.
Or we could just say congratulations you've done your first long distance crossing we're so proud of you
It has sure been great for us to find your blog site and check in to see how our wonderful family is making out from week to week. Through the trials and triumphs, you guys are truly fulfilling your dreams and it looks so good on ya!
We're doing really good too, Mysticeti, as usual is tugging at her dock-lines, calling us to drop what we're doing and go play. meanwhile we are having our land-fun, Carol has been painting some amazing paintings and I turned a large bowl I named Eye of The Storm, I'd send you pics but I think I'll wait until you have a steady and faster internet thing going.
We send our love to you
We'll keep checking in to see how you are making out along the way.
love,
-Bryn & Carol

http://www.carolevans.com/

Anonymous said...

hi you all sea dogs hardy har happy birthday steve take the property and have the ppl build the house i will stay there to look after it lol

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove