Saturday, May 17, 2008

Still in Marquesis

enjoy your presents Emma!

Here is Emma's birthday party, we did it on shore and I made a cake in the shape of and 8

We were up at 4:00 am this morning to get to the Saturday Market, yes that's right it starts at 4:30 am, and you have to get there early or you will miss the carrots ! I got my 2 bags and even got 4 small pineapples ( those cost my 1000 Polynesian Franks - about $12 cdn) a couple of boats got there at 5:15am and missed the carrots! big deal getting them, cause there are none here, they are shipped in from New Zealand. oh the things we now call luxury!! Almost bought a watermelon, but after we figured out that it would cost $21 cdn all of us ( other boaters) nixed that idea..... will wait unitl we come back home for that treat! Steve is in the process of transfiering butane into our propane tank. and its only 6:30am.. but it is so much cooler out at this time!! sure was fun going to the market at 4:30am and seeing all our fellow cruisers there too. good laugh for all of us. And I thought it was crazy standing in line downtown at 5am for my passport!
We now have 2 more kid boats here in this bay, thats 10 boats here with kids!! oh my, and yes boys and girls we got to to the lice thing.... somethings you can not get away from. turns out 2 seperate boats had it and all the way from Mexico!! lucky for us just one kid of mine and we just caught so we are done. I have been checking for a week now and nothing! Yeah!! who would have thought! Just like being in school.
looks like we are here until Monday and then head ou
t. there is no wind right now on the way to the Tuomotos , some boats started out and ended up turning back. we are not in a rush. so we will wait. May go to Daniels Bay and then back to Au Pou. ( may have to return the butane tanks there not sure yet)

Add Image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Orca III family!!!
Sounds like heaven down under. So glad to hear you are all having a great time, learning lots, and surviving without many vegetables. Carrots, YUK.
I just got home from my cruise, and thought of you all when I was sitting in my lovely balcony cabin, looking out at the rolling waves. I said to my roomy, "reminds me of the Orca III" and it sure did.
Happy to hear you are all well and have made a zillion new friends!@! :) Anne from Calgary

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove