Saturday, November 24, 2007

We are at LAT 34*24.40'N LONG 119*41.37'W


Trivia question #6 Where are we? I gave the Lat and Long , so have fun figuring it out!!

This morning I glanced in my bookshelf and came across a poetry book I didn’t know we had – opened the book randomly and this poem was what I saw!!

“I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking
And a grey mist on the sea’s face and a grey dawn breaking.
I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume and the sea-gulls crying.
I must down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life.
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.”

Trivia #7 What is the title and who is the author?

FYI this poem means a lot to me, not just because it is my life but for another reason. Everyone on my (Dionne’s) side of the family should recognize it from 71/2 yrs ago. When I read this my heart fills up ,I feel free and I know why my grandpa loved the sea!! (I take after him!) I see Freddie at the helm the first time I ever went out on a sailboat
( Windbird- Chevron fishing derby and he certainly did spin his fair share of merry yarns. And that is when I new I wanted to live on a boat!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i dont have a map to look up where you are i gtyour call this morning i will e mail doiniques # to her cell till my phone gets moved love you all ttyl bye

Buyer's Remorse said...

Hello Sister and Family...I have the answer!!
Trivia# 7
John Masefield
"Sea Fever"

But I'll leave Trivia #6 for someone else....love you so much! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You are in Santa Barbara Harbor...just checked on Google Earth!
Are we right???

Mom & Joe

Anonymous said...

hi are you at the boat dock supply at132 harbor way in santa barbra

Anonymous said...

So glad that you're at your next port o' call. I've been watching for you sweet people, every day. I was hoping to be the 1st to send a message...but m'goodness...your sisters and parents are WAY too quick for me.
Just want you to know that you're always in my thoughts.
Big hugs (knuffels)
Love always,
Auntie Sandy

Anonymous said...

I must go down to the sea again
to the lonely sea and sky
I left my vest and socks there
I wonder if they're dry?



Who knows who wrote that?

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove