Saturday, August 23, 2008



It has been very rainy here the last couple of days, today, market day , Saturday, the most rain yet. almost think we are in BC.!! We had the waffles again for breakfast as our leaving treat, and got all stocked up on fresh veggies, fruit , even ran out of propane today - so that is all topped up. we are ready to head out tomorrow. O'Vive will leave with us, but we are off to different destinations, but will meet up in Nuie. Malachi will follow us , but leave Monday instead.
After 3 weeks of being tied to the dock stern in, and going back and forth on a line with the dingy, I finally fell in with groceries and all!! managed to save the cooked chicken , and and the rest didn't get wet either as they were in plastic bags in my back pack and I got up as fast as I could, made for a good laugh!!! Hey Dorothy Marie, if you are reading this , it was so calm when I fell in, can you believe it?!
Jenny off of Malachi fell the other day also, on land and broke her ankle, not fun. but the trip to the hospital visit to get cast and all only to 2.5 hours and cost only $65 NZ dollars!!! don't know why its so expensive back home! Steve, Jay, and Dave spent the other day building a pair of crutches for her. The men are very proud of their work. check out Malachi's sight for the pics.
Accicdent number 3 was Kyle today also, he fell 4 ft on to the deck of Orca III while in the bolsuns chair. apparently Emma wanted to see if she could pull him up higher, but didn't mention this to him or anyone else, and she couldn't . He is okay, big bruise on his back a small scrape and I'm sure he needs a chiropractor, we will be looking for one in Nuie, all closed around here. Like I said he is fine. "Emma was very upset!! and learned a very valuable lesson. So given that all happens in 3's , I believe us 3 boats are done for.
As I type this the rain is coming down even more, difference is I am in my bathing suit!

until Nuie, this is Dionne signing off....... wish us fair winds and a great snorkel in Beverage Reef

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, not good experiencing those accidents. I saw the cast on the other lady, now Dionne falling and Kyle. Lordy! I'm happy to hear all are coping well. I was very impressed with the crutches I must say.
sorry to hear of the rain. It's a pool day here in Calgary, then cool weather. I think summer is done. I'm off to Arizona on the 30th, won't be cool there, I'm sure.
Have a great trip. Love to you ALL.
Anne in Calgary.

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove