Saturday, May 30, 2009

still sailing (actual date is May 28)

well, we have wind.... pointing into it , so we are leaning a lot and have some seas too! not my favorite part. feels like climbing Mt. Everest every time we walk through the pilot house!! makes cooking not so fun! this is where I need a gymbled stove! yep thats right I don't have that and I highly recommend for anyone going cruising this is a must!!!!! anyway, we caught more fish the other day. The same day we caught the mahi mahi, later that afternoon we caught a 4 foot shark! no kidding - have pictures of that one, and we threw him back, then right away on the other line we had a huge huge yellow fin tuna. he was almost 80 lbs!! and our first one we've ever caught. we gave Malachi half - and I have video of that exchange I tell ya, and now my freezer is full of fish. I feel like a fish market with all the varieties we have!

we are making progress, but all are anxious to get to Hilo - fantasizing about frostys and ice cream and such. its very hot here, especially inside the boat as we have to keep all the hatches close for all the spray. Graeme tried to sleep outside one night but found it too uncomfortable. and it started to rain, the cockpit is the compfy spot -but that is reserved for those on watch. Have had a few sightings of "ships" that turned out to be stars -planets really , Venus we think, regardless I call that my star as it is always rising on my watch. Last night we did see a few fishing boats. nice to have Malachi ahead - both Marg and I chat on our watches, nice.

not much else, just hanging out, hard to read in this kind of waves. we have about 12 days or so - depending on wind and waves , to go.

Orca III on the side

No comments:

Lady

Lady

Maggie

Maggie

'Lil' putt putt

'Lil' putt putt
Christmas at Snug Cove